About Envision Hypnotherapy
Envision Hypnotherapy is run by Gerry McAuley
A bit about me
My road to becoming a hypnotherapist began in the early 1980’s when I first discovered and began to practice self-hypnosis. Working as a management trainer and business consultant, I developed an interest in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and trained as an NLP Practitioner. I then used NLP in my work with business clients and also trained as a life coach. From there it was a natural step for me to train and become a qualified Hypnotherapist.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified and began practising as a hypnotherapist in 2010
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (accredited by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council as the General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice)
- Registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Qualified practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- 25 years’ experience as a management consultant, business and life coach
How I work – Solutions Focused Hypnotherapy
What drives everything I do as a hypnotherapist, is my desire to help people to change effectively and quickly and to do so in way that is both enduring and right for them. I pride myself on getting great results and to ensure this, my sessions last 1.5 hours rather than the usual 1-hour model. In addition, I provide recordings for you to use at home to support the work we do in treatment sessions.
The process begins with a 30-minute telephone or video call consultation to clarify your needs, answer any questions and indicate treatment costs and number of sessions required. It is also an opportunity to explain what hypnosis and hypnotherapy is and isn’t, as there are a lot of myths and misconceptions – what I do is not the same as the stage hypnotism you may have seen on tv! Hypnosis is a very safe, relaxing and powerful process where you are in control. This initial consultation is free and without obligation.
I tailor treatment to your individual needs, unique situation and personality. I will also show you ways to continue to help yourself long after our work together is done. This may include teaching you self-hypnosis and other practical techniques you can use, to help yourself maintain the life you want.
While I provide effective treatment for a wide range of issues, I specialise in:
- helping people to break free of the prison that is anxiety and depression and the effects this has on their sleep, eating, relationships and more.
- helping people to overcome fears, phobias and PTSD.
- helping children to overcome issues such as bullying, night terrors and exam stress.
I treat adults and children (aged 8+ and always accompanied by a parent/guardian). If I do not think I can help you, I will say so upfront at the initial consultation stage.